Thursday 8 June 2017

A Sticky Situation

Sorry - I couldn't resist that as a title.

What I have learned today is that I will never pass my City and Guilds in floor tile laying. Sticky-backed floor tiles.

And I am running out of Sticky Label remover to clean my fingers :-(

I did the spare room bathroom at least 2 years ago - probably 3, which is why I have put this one off for so long.

It's a bit like that old music hall song, 'When father papered the ceiling'...

I don't know what the adhesive on the tiles is, but it's black and VERY sticky.

Last time I got it in  my hair and everywhere. Not doing that today....

And it's a very hot day. And I've just  broken the spacebar on this computer, so you may notice some very odd typing!

I think I'm going to leave it for now and take up the tiles I've done and just paint the contreplaquƩ (plywood).


It will soon be wine o'clock...

2 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Nasty!
Sit down and have a chilled glass of something!

Joy said...

I've seen painted and slightly distressed plywood floors and they look great. But I imagine you are the one distressed right now!