Tuesday 18 April 2017

Lilac Time

April is a lovely month as my favourite flowers are out in the garden.  Yesterday I saw my pink Lily-of-the-Valley was out (but I can't show you that as it's still smothered with weeds 😒 ) and the lilac is spectacular this year...

Lilac

The roses are all in bud, but the French one in the Blue Bench garden is already in flower...

French rose

The other great thing about THIS year is that all the flowers are lasting. Some years they come out, the weather turns hot and they are all over in about four days.  But now we have had weeks of lovely flowers, as it has not been too hot, but still lovely and sunny.

Last week I got a cat.  Called Cinders.  Her owners are going back to England and didn't think she would adapt to living there, so were looking for a new home for her.  She is very loving and has slept on my bed every night without being the slightest bother. She has got used to the house and garden and been out and about and come back here.  She likes to sleep in the garden if I am out there, but also indoors and especially likes the cool tiled floors when she is hot - she has very thick fur!

Loving the Lavender

She is very playful still (she's 6 years old) and loves this catnip carrot!

Carrot 3

I think I may turn into a mad cat lady!

4 comments:

Clicky Needles said...

How great that you've got Cinders, she looks lovely. I bet that lilac smells just divine. CN x

Serenata said...

Lovely to see your lilacs, ours haven't flowered yet. The roses are in bud though.

Cute cat, glad you were able to offer it a home and that it is settling in nicely.

French Nanny said...

Clicky Needles, if you're reading this, I can't reply to you as you have no email address registered with Blogger. I may have had it before, but I can't find it now - perhaps you could email it to me?

Elizabethd said...

What a pretty cat! She will be good company I'm sure.
Your lilac is stunning and seems to be out before ours here. Roses are in bud and I'm waiting to see which one flowers first.